The objective of the Sisters Academy of Baltimore’s NOW MORE THAN EVER campaign is to strengthen and build the endowment to $5 million while advancing the mission of the school. Goals of the campaign are to:
- Establish named endowed scholarships to continue to offer tuition-free, scholarship-based education.
- Increase enrollment while maintaining small classes and individual attention.
- Maintain academic excellence by offering competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
- Assess and develop the curriculum to respond to the ongoing holistic needs of the students.
- Invest in graduate support to ensure that graduates continue to excel during high school
- Enhance visibility and service in the communities of southwest and west Baltimore.
Ms. Bunting has supported Sisters Academy of Baltimore since 2003, before the school was in full operation. “Mary Catherine’s steadfast support of our mission, her engagement with our students, and her generous financial commitment has truly endorsed our endowment campaign. Her longstanding belief in the work of Sisters Academy validates the promise and potential of each and every student. Her commitment sends a strong message about the value of this school in the Baltimore community.” says Sr. Delia Dowling, SSND, President, Sisters Academy of Baltimore.
Ms. Bunting is the chair and a director of the Mary Catherine Bunting Foundation with the Bunting Family Foundation. She is a retired certified nurse practitioner and was at one time a member of the Sisters of Mercy.